Mt. Rainier - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A relatively new hybrid aroma hop variety from the USDA-ARS breeding program in Corvallis, Washington. Profile is very similar to original Hallertauer mittlefruh but with higher Alpha acids. Result of a Magnum X 19058M cross. A promising new all-purpose variety. 18-24” sidearms. Substitutes: Hallertauer. Mt. Rainier is so new that many brewers have had little exposure to this hop. Easier to grow improved version of a classic German hop. 36 inch in-row spacing...Read More
Alpha Acids: 3.0 - 8.0%
Beta Acids: 5.0 - 8.0%
- Alpha acids: 5-8.1, betas 5-7%, cohumulone 21-24%, total oils .2-.5 ml/100g,
- Aroma: Excellent noble floral bouquet, citrus and licorice notes
- Yield: Above average for noble types- 1200-1800 lbs/acre
- Maturity: Early to mid-season
- Storage stability: fair – should be refrigerated like other aroma types
- Beer styles: Many stlyes of Ales, Lagers, Porters – a great finishing hop
- Grower notes: good resistance to mildews. Grows similar to other German varieties. Candidate for organic growers in cooler areas.
- Plant spacing : 12” aisles X 36”in-row spacing.
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.