Comet - Field Grade
An early version of the “C” type citrusy hop. A vigorous American heirloom variety. It is an all-purpose hop used for bittering or as late additions to bring out the strong citrusy flavors. Result of a cross of English “Sunshine” X wild Utah male around 1962- (10 years prior to Cascade). A potent high-oils hop with “raspy” or “wild” bitterness; similar to Brewers Gold. 24-40”sidearms. Substitute: Galena, Summit. Emerges in spring bright yellow and green up somewhat as the bines mature...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 11.3%, Betas 4.6%, cohumulone 41%, total oils 1.4-3.3ml/100g, myrcene 40-65%,
- Aroma: unique zesty grapefruit, with pineapple & orange notes.
- Yield: good 1700- 2000+ lbs/ acre reported
- Maturity: medium to late
- Storage stability: good / very good
- Beer styles: American Ales, IPAs, Lagers, Sour & Lambic styles
- Grower notes: Vigorous grower, medium-sized elongated cones, above average resistance to mildews and pests. 36-40” in-row spacing. The natural light yellow growth often makes growers think it is deficient in nutrients. Relatively easy hop to grow.
- Trellis type: 12x42
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.