Neo1 - Neomexicana - Field Grade
A hop based off breeding and selection from native H. neomexicana hops found naturally in the desert Southwest. Very heat and drought tolerant and actually dislikes drip irrigation or wet soils. Day length requirements are very short for this species and plants may initiate cones too early in Northern latitudes. We advise trimming off the first initial growth to time burr initiation dates properly. Native wild species from the SW USA- See Amallia ; its sister selection...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 7-9%, Beta 3-3.3%
- Aroma: reported as bright super lemon, citrus – however quite harsh
- Yield: Unknown- but high potential based on short internode lengths and long cones
- Maturity: Very early
- Beer styles: Unknown- possible summer shady types
- Grower notes: Early maturing with deeply cut leaves and shorter internodes. Lower resistance to mildews and mites. Sets burrs more quickly than Amallia. This species is finer in plant structure and habit than most American types and is very intolerant of wet soggy soils. 36” spacing.
- Trellis types: 12’x 42’, 12’ hedgerow, possible short trellis.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots..
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.