Columbus (aka CTZ) - Field Grade
A high yielding triploid hybrid variety with super high alpha acids & oils. High bittering qualities; used primarily for dry hopping. Grows well in hot, dry climates; but susceptible to mildews in humid conditions. There is some evidence that Columbus, Zeus, and Tomahawk are very closely related. Has brewing characteristics quite similar to Centennial; but stronger....Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 14-17%
- Aroma: strong, sharp and citrusy, herbal, resinous
- Yield: Very high 2400-3000lbs/acre
- Maturity: mid to late
- Storage stability: no info
- Grower notes: Grows well, climbs well, can throw sterile male flowers when stressed; which can reduce total yields. Low resistance to mildews and mites. More clustered, dense cone set than Zeus. Tolerant of heat and alkaline soil types; grows well in sandy soils if properly fertilized. Dense tight cones must be dried carefully or they will mold quickly.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.