Glacier - Field Grade
A newer medium alpha acid aroma/ flavor diploid variety that is competing with Fuggle US because of its higher yield potential & resins. French Elasser X Brewers Gold X N. Brewer cross. It is rapidly finding favor with microbrewers. Glacier has a low cohumulone level that brews a very smooth beer with balanced bitterness and foam characteristics...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 3.3-9.7% , low cohumulone
- Aroma: Mild flavor, citrusy sweet-type aroma (unique flavor )
- Yield: 2400 -2600 lbs/ acre
- Storage stability: good
- Maturity: Mid-season
- Grower notes: Good newer “French”variety that grows similar to Crystal, compares well with Challenger and Viking varieties with bigger potential yields. Smaller dense cones that are sticky with resin. Alphas are boosted and plant responds well to additional humic acid and bone meal fertilization in our Michigan trials. Tolerates heavier type soils if pH range is correct and is not over-watered. Raised row required unless grown in sandy soil types
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.