Fuggle H (US) - Field Grade
The classic Fuggle was selected by Mr. Richard Fuggle in 1875 in England. Fuggle has slowly been replaced out West with triploid Willamette. 12-20” side arms. Many classic beer recipes call for Fuggle for flavoring. Will grow in hot areas w/ alkaline soils....Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 4.0-5.5% - flavoring hop
- Maturity: Early – Late July / Early August
- Yield: Lower, 800-1400 lb/acre, unless grown with higher density populations
- Storage stability: very good 70-80% alpha acids remaining
- Aroma: Mild, pleasant, hoppy, robust hop with wood and fruit tones
- Grower notes: US Fuggle H still holds its own against the new hybrids, impressed with overall vigor, habit, and yield. Shows good resistance to mildews and pests. Shorter sidearms than Willamette allows tighter plant spacing. Responds to additional bone meal fertilization. Raised row recommended.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.