Mount Hood - Field Grade
The Mount Hood was released in the US in 1989, and is a triploid seedling selection of the German Hallertauer variety. (USDA 21397 X USDA 19058M). Mount Hood is the most popular seedless hop in the triploid Hallertau breeding program. This variety was bred to resemble true German Hallertauer mf. The cone structure is a fairly compact medium structure, on 20-40” sidearms. The lupulin is yellow in color with a moderate amount. Mount Hood is considered a noble aroma variety...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
Alpha Acids: 3.0 - 8.0%
Beta Acids: 5.0 - 8.0%
- Alpha acids: 3.0-8.0%
- Maturity: Early to mid-season- first 3 weeks of August
- Yield: 1520-1960 lbs/acre (which is outstanding for a noble type)
- Storage stability: Fair 55-60% alpha acids remaining
- Aroma: “clean” mild spice/floral with woodsy pine tone, like German Hallertaur
- Grower notes: great variety with good vigor and habit, not as aggressive as some of the triploids, grows more Eurostyle. Takes two years to establish; similar to other European types and requires acidic well-drained soils. Raised row recommended. Shows some resistance to mildews and pests. Plants respond to additional humic acid levels.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.