Golding (US) - Field Grade
Classic diploid English aroma Hop. Moderate yield. Goldings are noted for their unique candy-like sweet aroma profile. Similar to Kent Golding. They are utilized in many classic English beer recipes for aroma and have won many brewing awards. Many Golding types are prefaced by their growing location; as soil types influence their alphas and brewing profile. Takes two seasons to establish; similar to other European noble types...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
Each item is one complete dormant crown, or a field-ready plant, depending on time of year: a plant that is a minimum of 1 growing season old with a well developed root system with multiple breaks taken from healthy vigorous stock. It is professional quality and since it is a live rooted plant, it offers the best chance of successfully growing and producing your favorite varieties of hops.
- Alpha acids: 4-6%, Noble Type
- Aroma: Mild & pleasant, spicey, candy, herbal notes, smooth & hoppy
- Yield: low to medium, unless grown in high- density populations
- Storage stability: Average, 65 -85%
- Maturity: mid-season
- Grower notes: Impressed with overall plant vigor, habit, and cone set in our Michigan trials. Yields are comparatively lower because cones are smaller, light and fluffy. Crowns exit dormancy quite quickly and reportedly don’t overwinter well in Northern Michigan. Crowns benefit from winter protection with mulch in regions with rapid freeze thaw cycles and fall applications of potassium. Candidate for high-density and/or short Trellis hop yards. Responds to higher pH soil range than most varieties; with higher calcium & phosphorus levels. Additional bone meal is beneficial to plant vigor and boosting alpha levels. Raised row required. Shows good resistance to mildews and pests.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.