Crystal - Field Grade
A 1983 triploid hybrid release; a cross of German Hallertauer X USDA21381M. Mt. Hood, Liberty, & Ultra are half sisters. Very mild bittering, highly aromatic perfumed noble blend of spices and flowers. Craft brewers’ specialty type hop for finishing aromas...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
Alpha Acids: 3.0 - 5.0%
Beta Acids: 4.5 - 6.7%
- Alpha acids: 3-5%, very low bittering
- Aroma: pleasant spice and floral tones, similar to Hallertauer, but almost no bittering
- Yield: very good 1800-2400 lbs/acre
- Maturity: mid to late
- Storage stability: fair 65% remaining
- Grower notes: grows well with good color, large bines are smoother than most American types. Responds well to more acidic soils with humic acids. Shows resistance to mildews and pests. Good cone size, pick -ability and plant habit. Easier to grow than other Hallertauer hybrids. Raised row recommended.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.