Chinook - Field Grade
Super alpha hybrid with high vigor & yield. Dual purpose bittering with heavy aroma; spicy, pine resiny, grapefruit character. Primarily used for bittering; some aroma and dry hopping. Good pick-ability with 24-40” side arms. Popular with both craft and major brewers...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
Alpha Acids: 10 - 14%
Beta Acids: 3.0 - 4.0%
A Peltham Golding X 63012M cross. (The German hop “Perle” shares the Peltham Golding parentage.) A dual purpose bittering/flavoring hop with heavy aroma; spicy, pine-resiny with grapefruit notes. Good pick-ability with 24-40” side arms. Popular with both craft and major brewers; thus grown by many Midwest growers as a “workhorse” hop.
- Alpha Acids: 10-14%, betas 3-4%, cohumulone 29-34%, total oils 1.5-2.7%, myrcene 35-40%, humulene 18-25%, caryophyllene 9-11%
- Aroma: moderately high , spicy, piney, grapefruit tones
- Yield: High – 1600 -2200 lbs/acre, large open cones, medium late maturity
- Maturity: medium late, good cone set
- Storage stability: large heavy cones, dries well, good 60-75% remaining
- Beer Styles: pale ales, lagers, IPAs, steam beer, and heavy bodied dark ales.
- Grower notes: Slower to emerge from dormancy; thus later to harvest. It is the variety all other hops in the Midwest are compared to for vigor and yield. Chinook forms large primary bines and climbs well with consistent yields. Shows better resistance to mildews and pests than most varieties. Notably forgiving of soil types, drainage, and less-than-perfect growing conditions. 42” in-row spacing.
- Trellis types: 14’x 42 even or cluster
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.