Nugget - Field Grade
Released in 1982, the Nugget is a diploid cross between Brewer's Gold and a high alpha-acid male with good storage properties.(USDA65009 X USDA63015M) It is an important high alpha bittering variety in the US as well as Germany. Nugget is a great variety for picking, drying and baling. It has a cluster cone structure that is heavy, tight and moderately long. The lupulin from the Nugget is abundant with a yellow-orange color. High bittering value. Superior plant traits;20-40” side arms...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 12.0-14.0%
- Yield: 1700-2200 lbs/acre
- Maturity: Late – Late August / Early Sept.
- Storage Stability: 70-80% remaining alpha acids
- Aroma: Strong with herbal notes- not citrusy - used mainly for bittering
- Grower notes: In the top 4 or 5 for vigor and yield with large primary bines. Crown buds tend to form high on this variety and buds are more exposed to winter dessication if not covered in areas with inadequate snow cover. If plants are cut too close to the ground in the spring “blind” plants result with no buds and are slow to recover. Mulch or soil cover is recommended to protect high buds over the winter. Shows some resistance to mildews. Prefers more acidic soil types & humic acid.
- Brewer notes: Used to brew beer styles that move away from the American citrus types.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.