Multihead - Neomexicana - Field Grade
Multihead hops are part of a collection of wild neo. Mexicana hops. (see Amallia & Neo 1 descriptions) It is noted for its unusual genetic aberration which is expressed as a combined cone with multiple tips. Very heat & drought tolerant...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 4.5-4.8%, Beta acids: 5.5 -5.8%, cohumulone: very high > 45%, total oils: .5 -1.5 ml/100g, Mrycene: 48%
- Maturity: Early to mid-season in southern latitudes
- Aroma: quite intense citrus with fruity tropical notes, peachy if used earlier in the boil.
- Yield: unknown
- Storage stability: unknown
- Beer styles: IPAs to Pale & Cream Ales, anything where strong citrus aromatics are desired. Best used as a finishing hop because the high cohumulone level can become very harsh to the taste.
- Grower notes: Best grown with well-drained soil and minimal irrigation, similar to other neo. Mexicana species. 36” in-row plant spacing is adequate. Will grow best in more southern latitudes.
- Trellis: Typical 12 x 42
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.