Serebrianka – “Silver Hop” - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A classic Russian noble aroma hop with high ratios of oils. Possibly related to other Saazer type hops and one of the parent hops used to create Cascade hops. The name translates to “smooth tongue” and in southern Russia it is considered an all-purpose hop. It has short 12-18” sidearms. A good candidate for shorter trellis/ high density hop yards and organic growers...Read More
Alpha Acids: 3.5 - 5.7%
Beta Acids: 3%
- Alpha acids: 3.5-5.7%, betas 3%, cohumulone 23%, total oils .4-.8 ml/100g, myrcene 30%, humulene 45%, farnesene 12%
- Aroma: light & mellow, fruity orange peel & melon, unique smoke/tobacco finishing notes.
- Yield: reported as low from out west – similar to most other classic noble hop yields.
- Maturity: early
- Storage: fair, unless refrigerated – similar to other aroma-type hops , best used fresh
- Beer styles: Imperial Stouts, Baltic Porters, Browns & pale ales where the malt is the focus. Excellent head formation and foam retention characters due to low cohumulone.
- Grower notes: This variety is newly virus treated and is being re-evaluated in Michigan growing trials. 24-30” in-row spacing / high density. A smaller noble -type hop compared to most American hops. Seems impervious to PM & DM in Michigan field trials.
- Plant spacing : 24 to 30” in-row spacing / high density with tighter aisles.
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.