Star - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A rare Yugoslavian aroma hop released in the 1970’s. A Belgian finishing variety with a high humulene content that is associated with flavors like basil, cloves, and corriander. This hop is best used as a late-addition finishing hop; similar to Hallertauer mittlelfruh. Can be grown in very high density plantings of 1400 plants per acre. Grown for its unique beer finishing and flavoring characteristics; rather than high yield...Read More
Alpha Acids: 3.2%
Beta Acids: 1.7-2.5%
- Alpha acids: 3.2%, betas 1.7-2.5%, cohumulone 24%, total oils .47ml/100g, myrcene 34%, humulene 34%
- Aroma: pleasant noble type aroma – woody, herbal with spicy tones
- Yield: lower than average unless planted high density; typical yield for traditional noble types
- Maturity: early
- Storage Stability: good
- Beer styles: Belgian & Bohemian styles. Finishing flavor hop.
- Grower notes: Possible short trellis type; good for high density plantings. Some resistance to mildews, but a relatively slow grower.
- Trellis types: 10 X 36-42”, 24” in-row spacing
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.