Shop Now | Terms & Policies | Shipping | FAQ
A New Zealand high alpha hop variety obtained from seed from a tetraploid smoothcone variety. A vigorous, high-yielding hop with better resistance to downy mildew than Pacific Gem. 24”-48” long sidearms. Currently being evaluated in our Michigan trials.
- Alpha acids: 9.5- 12.7%, beta acids: 3.6- 7.0%, cohumulone 36%, high myrcene levels
- Aroma: resinous, herbal piney, lemongress
- Yield: Fair, 1000- 1800 lbs/acre. (Yields per acre are lower because plants require more spacing because of longer sidearms.)
- Storage stability: very good, even at room temperature
- Maturity: very late season – not recommended for Northern latitudes with short seasons
- Grower Notes: a vigorous, good climber with long side arms. Requires space to prevent side arm tangling. Better resistance to mildews than other NZ types. 42”- 48” spacing or cluster planting recommended.
- Trellis types: 14’x 42’ even/ cluster