Shop Now | Terms & Policies | Shipping | FAQ
Sorachi Ace - Field Grade
A Japanese high alpha aroma variety released in 1984. A hop cross of Brewers Gold X Saazer X Japanese male. It is considered an all-purpose hop that is used where a strong bright lemony character is desired. 12-36”sidearms with some resistance to disease and pests. Typical 36 inch in-row spacing.
- Alpha acids: 10.7-14%, betas ??, cohumulone 23%, total oils 2-2.8ml/100g
- Aroma: bold lemony with slight oak & dill tones
- Yield: 1200-1600 lbs/acre reported
- Maturity: mid-season
- Storage stability: fair- should be refrigerated
- Beer styles: Farmhouse Ales , Saisons, IPAs, Tripels, Witbiers. A good single hop brew type.
- Grower notes: Has to be oasted and stored carefully or off-buttery flavors can develop. Smaller plant with finer growth and habit – grows more like Saazer than Brewers Gold. Our first impression is that it is a fair to moderate producer that appears to have some resistance to mildews. Brewers inquire frequently about this Japanese hop variety.
- Trellis type: 12 X 42; 36-40” in-row spacing