Vanguard - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A diploid noble aroma hop developed in the late 1970’s in Washington State. Essential oils profile is quite similar to Hallertauer mittelfruh. Developed & tested for Anheuser Busch but not released until recently. Result of a cross of USDA21285 X USDA64037M. Very high humulene oil content with low cohumulone – considered a noble profile. It has 15-30” sidearms with good vigor. Substitutes: other Hallertauer varieties and hybrids...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 5-6%, betas 5-7%, cohumulone 14-15%, total oils .8-1.20ml/100g, myrcene 20%, humulene 43%
- Aroma: very fragrant refined noble aroma of woody spice.
- Yield: very good for a noble type hop- 1200-1600 lbs/acre
- Maturity: medium to late
- Storage stability: similar to other noble aroma types – should be refrigerated.
- Beer styles: Best used as a late-addition finishing hop in many beer styles where extra aroma is desired. Excellent for wet-hopping seasonal beers.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-orders - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.