Yeoman - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A high-alpha aroma variety bred a Wye College, England in the 1970’s. It is a robust high oils variety used mainly as a hoppy kettle addition with other hops. Short 12-24” sidearms with high oils. Substitutes: Zenith, Northern Brewer. Organic grower candidate and short trellis possible. New to USA craft brewers...Read More
Alpha Acids: 12.0 - 16.0%
Beta Acids: 4.0 - 5.0%
- Alpha acids: 12-16%, betas 4-5%, cohumulone 25%, total oils 1.7-2.4ml/100g, myrcene 48%, humulene 20%
- Aroma: Pleasant English aroma, very hoppy with some citrus flavors. Slightly more mellow than Target hops.
- Yield: Fair 1000 -1600 lbs/acre
- Maturity: Early to mid-season
- Storage stability: very good
- Beer styles: Ales. Lager, IPAs; mixes well with noble-type hops like Willamette and Mt. Hood
- Grower notes: good resistance to mildews, tolerant of more alkaline heavy soils, likes bone meal/ lime. Does well in trials and exhibits good resistance to pests and disease.
- Trellis types: 10 or 12 X 42”, 24-36”in-row spacing
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.