Zenith - field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A high alpha aroma variety bred at Wye College, England in the 1970’s. Good resistance to mildews. It is a hoppy all-purpose hop (not as bitter as Yeoman) that works well with many other finishing type hops. Has a notably strong aroma for a high alpha type with high oils. Short 12-20” sidearms...Read More
- Alpha acids: 9-11%, betas 3%, cohumulone 25%, total oils 1.76 ml/100g, myrcene 52%, humulene 18% (slightly less AA than Yeoman, but better yield potential)
- Aroma: pleasing bouquet with hoppy citrus flavors
- Yield: good – approaching 2000 lbs/acre (higher than Yeoman)
- Maturity: early to mid-season
- Storage stability: very good
- Grower notes: good resistance to mildews, tolerant of higher pH soils and more alkaline heavy soils, likes bone meal / lime.
- Trellis type: 10 or 12 X 42”, 24-36” in-row spacing.
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.