Kent Golding - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
The Kent Golding is a classic diploid English aroma hop that was developed by clonal selection around 1790 from a start of Canterbury Whitebine. It has a light, fluffy cone structure that is small in size with small amounts of pale yellow lupulin. Cones will shatter if picked too late. Side arms are 20-40” long. Goldings are desired by microbrewer's because of their aroma in kettle hopping, late hopping and dry hopping. Considered the premium English aroma type...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 4 – 5.5%
- Maturity: Mid-season – First 3 weeks of August
- Yield: Medium 1400 + lbs/acre, can be boosted by higher density plantings
- Storage stability: Good 65-85% alpha acids remain
- Aroma: Gentle, fragrant, and pleasant floral and spice notes
- Grower notes: Takes two seasons to establish, requires raised row and higher pH soils than most varieties. Plants respond well to additional bone meal in fertilization. Some resistance to mildews. Candidate for hedgerow and/or high-density hop yards to boost yields.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-orders - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.