Perle (US) - Bare Root Crown
Perle was bred in Germany at the Hop Research Center and made available here in the states in the 1980's. Peltham Golding X Northern Brewer. This is a well rounded dual purpose hop with 20-40” side arms. Popular with craft & microbrewers. Moderate clean bittering qualities and clean spicy aroma used in a wide range of beers.
- Alpha acids: 7-9.5%
- Yield: Good 1160 - 1600 lbs/acre
- Maturity: Mid-season- first 3 weeks of August
- Storage Stability: Excellent 80-85% remaining alpha acids
- Aroma: Floral and slightly spicy. Aroma and bittering type.
- Grower notes: rounded light green cones look like a string of pearls, distinctly different aroma compared to the 4 C’s, good vigor, habit, and yields in our trials. Prefers a more acidic soil like most German bred hops. Responds to additional bonemeal fertilization. Kind of an odd duck – an English type genome converted to German growing conditions. Shows resistance to mildews but is intolerant of over-watering or soggy soils. Raised row required. Takes two years to establish.