Canadian Red Vine - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A very vigorous diploid hop of French- Canadian origin. It is a low alpha, high cohumulone profile. CRV has a heavy clustering and cone set with very long side arms (30 – 50 inches). Growth habit is similar to Cluster hops. It found it best use commercially by being interplanted with low yielding cluster varieties to “boost” a field’s total yield. In brewing it should be mixed with other hops because its cohumulone level is high and can create a harsh aftertaste by itself. This hop is very hardy and produces rhizomes profusely...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 5% or less, high cohumulone @ 47%
- Aroma: Mild berry/cherry flavors, grapefruit peel aroma
- Yield: Very good- 2000 lbs/acre plus
- Storage stability: very good – over 80%
- Maturity: Late season
- Grower Notes: throws a lot of rhizomes compared to others, low resistance to mildews.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.