Pacific Gem (NZ) - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A late maturing New Zealand triploid super alpha hop. Developed from a tetraploid smooth cone X open pollination cross. Has a high yield potential if diseases can be managed. 30”-40” sidearms...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha acids: 11.5- 13.5% or higher, beta acids: 5-7%, cohumulone 30-40%
- Aroma: fruity, blackberries
- Yield: high, 2000 lb/acre if mildew is controlled
- Storage Stability: very good, even at room temperature
- Maturity: very late – too late for northern latitudes
- Grower notes: Very late maturity and susceptible to downy mildew. Vigorous grower with no excess bottom growth. 42” spacing minimum. This cultivar needs space and good air circulation or mildew is a problem.
- Trellis types: 14’x 42’ even/ cluster
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-orders - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.