Willamette - Field Grade
Released in 1967, the Willamette is a triploid seedless variant of the English Fuggle variety. It is currently one of the most widely grown hops in the US. It has a vigorous growth habit with longer 24-40” sidearms. The round cone structure is small to medium size. Willamette is a popular disease resistant variety for pickability, drying and baling. It also has a moderate amount of lupulin that is golden yellow in color. A quality aroma/ flavoring hop is the general perception of the Willamette...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
Alpha Acids: 4.0 - 6.0%
Beta Acids: 3.0 - 4.0%
- Alpha acids: 4.0-6.0%
- Maturity: Early-/ Mid-August through Early September
- Yield: High 1600-2200 lbs/acre
- Storage stability: 60-65% of alpha acids remaining
- Aroma: Mild and pleasant, slightly spicy, fruity, floral, little earthy
- Grower notes: An older commercial variety. Crown buds form relatively high, so they need winter protection by hilling the rows in fall or mulching. A “workhorse” hop, but has to be sourced carefully- there is a lot of virus infected rhizome stock being distributed from older yards of Willamette. Of the Fuggle types, Willamette is the slowest to break winter dormancy. Needs warm temperatures to really get going – does less than optimum in areas with lake effect cooling or if spaced too tightly. Tolerant of a wider range of pH and soil types than most hops.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.