Liberty - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
One of the four hybrid triploid Hallertauer varieties; Liberty was released in the US in 1991. (tetraploid Hallertauer mf. X USDA64035M). The cones are smaller but dense, on 12-30” side arms. They have good picking, drying and baling characteristics. The dark yellow lupulin is found in moderate amounts. Liberty is a noble aroma variety that is superior to the parent Hallertauer variety for resistance to Verticillium wilt and crown rots. Prefers well-drained, acidic soils...Read More
- Alpha acids: 3.0-6.5%
- Maturity: Early to mid-season
- Yield: 1000-1700 lbs/acre
- Aroma: Mild, slightly spicy similar to Hallertauer
- Grower notes: Takes two seasons to start/establish, has to have great drainage, will not tolerate heavy, wet, soggy soils. This is the most challenging hop trialed, to date. However, craft brewers are increasingly asking for it because of its brewing profile. Requires raised rows and acidic well drained soils. Plants respond to addition of humic acids to the fertilization program. Only recommended for experienced growers with site specific conditions. Candidate for higher density plantings. Shows resistance to mildews.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.