Northern Brewer - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
An older 1934 aromatic English Canterbury Golding X OB21male variety with a crisp, neutral aroma, but with high bittering qualities. Good dual purpose hop. Has 12-20” short side arms. More popular with eastern US craft brewers for full-bodied ales...Read More
Alpha Acids: 7.0 - 9.0%
Beta Acids: 3.0 - 5.0%
- Alpha acids: 7-9% with high oils that really add flavor
- Aroma: neutral, clean aroma, dual purpose English bittering type hop
- Yield: lower 800-1200 lbs/acre, unless high density is used.
- Maturity: early
- Storage stability: very good 75-80% remaining
- Grower notes: An overlooked variety that reportedly grows well in sandy sites. Also grown in Europe, shorter side arms pick well. Shows resistance to mildews. Short side arms make this a candidate for short trellis and/or higher density plantings. Brewers are rediscovering its uniqueness. Raised row recommended.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.