GLH Lawton™ - Field Grade - Spring Pre-Order
An unknown feral-type hop collected in Michigan, 2012. Probably a survivor immigrant hop. Very vigorous. Rangey 24”- 40” sidearms with good cone size & yield. Currently being evaluated in our Michigan trials. Not a citrus type! Very long 6’ sidearms with large cones. Possible candidate for lambic or sour beers...Read More
*Spring Pre-orders will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.
Alpha Acids: 3.5-4.0%
Beta Acids: 3.0-3.2%
- Alpha acids: cones tested 3.5 -4.0% from uncultivated specimen
- Beta acids: 3.0-3.2
- Total Oil/100g: .25
- Aroma: pungent, woody & earthy – not citrusy – totally dank.
- Yield: high – based on cone size and set on specimen plant
- Storage stability: Unknown
- Maturity: mid to late season
- Beer styles: Bittering type – non- citrus, maybe lambic or sour beers?
- Grower notes: Growth and vigor out- paced even the triploid hybrid varieties in our trials. 48” minimum spacing due to rangey wild habit. Expect this one will be harder to machine harvest because of the very long sidearms. Susceptible to DM. •
- Plant spacing: 14’x 42- 60”” clustered planting
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.