Eroica - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
Eroica VF1172 A sharp fruity bittering hop that resulted from a Brewers Gold cross. It is considered commercially “extinct” by many internet sources. GLH is re-introducing this vigorous hop as a specialist variety with good opportunities in the future craft beer markets. Ideal for West coast style beers and IPAs and wheat beers. Closest substitute: Galena...Read More
Alpha Acids: 12-15%
Beta Acids: 3-5.3%
- Alphas: 12-15%, Betas: 3 -5.3%, cohumulone: 40%, total oils: .8-1.3 ml/100g, high in fruity myrcene: 55-60% less tha 1% of humulene or farnescene, caryophyllene: 7-13%
- Aromas: sharp fruity notes with some pine
- Yield: good 1500-2200 lbs/acre
- Maturity: Late with medium sized compact cones
- Beer styles: West coast beer styles and IPAs, wheat beers with bite.
- Grower notes: Pale green bine with a vigorous growth habit. Good disease resistance compared too many other bittering hops. Can pick hard if not processed quickly after harvest.
- Plant spacing: 14’ aisle x 36” in-row spacing
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.