Cashmere - Field Grade
Cashmere VF1159 A new dual purpose aroma hop sometimes referred to on the internet as the “new Cascade”. Its parentage is a cross of Cascade and English hops x Brewers gold (Northern Brewer). It was released from Washington State University in 2013. Slightly higher alpha average than Cascade with double the humulene levels. Substitutes: Cascade, Centennial...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
Alpha Acids: 7.7-9%
Beta Acids: 6.4-7.0%
- Alphas: 7.7 -9%, Betas: 6.4-7.0. cohumulone 22-24%, Total oils 1.2-1.4, Myrcene38-42%, Humulene 26-30%, Caryophyllene 11-13%, farnescene <1%
- Aromas: described as melon, lemony, lime with herbal spice.
- Yield: In GLH trials it is not as vigorous as Cascade but individual plants yielded very well if disease was controlled.
- Storage stability: Excellent > 75% remaining after 6 months
- Maturity: mid-season similar to Cascade
- Beer styles: new – the higher humulene provides woody spicy notes somewhat similar to coriander when boiled for a period of time. IPAs, APAs, American Ales.
- Plant spacing: 36 inch in-row spacing is adequate.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-order - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.