Kirin II - Field Grade
A Japanese dual purpose hop variety created through a cross of Saazer x Whitebine open pollenation. It has sidearms lengths of 24-42”. It is reported as an extremely aromatic hop with intense citrus notes. It replaced Sorachi Ace in Japan. It grows well in more southern latitudes latitudes. We consider it a specialist hop for those who desire something different...Read More
Alpha Acids: 6.8 - 10.3%
Beta Acids: 5.2 - 8.0%
- Maturity: Late
- Yield: High – over 2000 lb/acre- very high for this type of cross.
- Alphas acids: 6.8 -10.3, betas: 5.2-8.0 , cohumulone 43-45% (high), oil profile: 1.18 ml/100 g, humulene -14%, myrcene-50%, Caryophyllene 9.4%, Farnesene - .2%
- Storage stability : very good – over 70% @ 6 months at room temperature
- Aroma: intense citrus
- Beer styles: Japanese-style light crisp beers where clean citrus notes are desired
- Grower notes: Loose open cones can shatter if picked past maturity. Some resistance to DM. Sometimes grown with a male hop to produce larger seeded cones in Japan.
- Plant spacing: typical 12’ aisles x 36” in-row spacing
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.