Southern Cross (NZ) - Field Grade
A triploid seedless New Zealand high alpha aroma variety released in 1994. A cross of a tetraploid smoothcone X diploid NZ male. A potent hop that can be a versatile dual purpose hop due to its high levels of oils. 20-40” sidearms with a bit less of the rangy plant habit of most NZ varieties. No close substitutes. Noted vigorous grower with good resistance to mildews and disease in trials...Read More
Out of stock
Alpha Acids: 11.0-14.0%
Beta Acids: 6.0-7.0%
Each item is one complete dormant crown, or a field-ready plant, depending on time of year: a plant that is a minimum of 1 growing season old with a well developed root system with multiple breaks taken from healthy vigorous stock. It is professional quality and since it is a live rooted plant, it offers the best chance of successfully growing and producing your favorite varieties of hops.
- Alpha acids: 11-14%, betas 6-7%, cohumulone 28%, total oils 1.2 ml/100g, myrcene 31%, humulene 20%
- Aroma: citrusy lemon peel, pine needles and spice
- Yield: high potential 1800 lbs/acre+, elongated cones
- Maturity: mid-season (earlier than other NZ types)
- Storage stability: very good
- Beer styles: popular in IPAs, excellent oils profile.
- Grower notes: A promising NZ type in Michigan grower trials 2014. Plant has a wedge-shaped (clavate) form with the longest sidearms at the top of the bine. Good resistance to diseases and has a strong plant habit and growth. Ranked highly in our trial evaluations.
Plant Replacement Policy
Retail orders ship within 7 - 10 days. Delayed Ship/Pre-ordering not Available.
*Actual plant sizes may vary between varieties. Pictures depict plants shipped at different times of the year; actively growing, or dormant and are for reference only.