Ultra - Field Grade
DISCONTINUED as of 10/01/18 - Available while in-stock quantities last
A Hallertauer/Saazer triploid seedless aroma hybrid developed in the USA. Bred 1983, from a tetraploid Hallertau mf (USDA21397) X Saazer type male (USDA21237) Reports of good yields in northern growing areas. Aroma/oil profile is very similar to Hallertauer mittlefrueh and is in demand with craft brewers...Read More
*Retail Orders will ship within 7-10 days of purchase after May 1st. Orders placed before May 1st are considered a Spring Pre-Order and will be shipped only once plants are out of dormancy and actively growing.*
- Alpha Acids: 3 -5% w/ higher oils than Hallertauer
- Aroma: Hallertauer aroma profile w/ pleasant bitterness.
- Yield: very good in cooler areas- 1800 to 2000 lbs/acre
- Storage stability: good – 70%
- Maturity: mid to late season
- Growers notes: has been one of the slowest to establish, slower growing – but better hardiness and yield than Sterling, demands excellent drainage and soil conditions. Responds to an acidic soil with bone meal added. Low resistance to mildews if improperly sited and fertilized. Two years to establish. A challenging hop to grow well.
Plant Replacement Policy
*Spring Pre-orders - Will ship once 2nd season stock breaks dormancy in the spring and can be properly quality checked. Estimated to ship by April 1st.