Shop Now | Terms & Policies | Shipping | FAQ
A superior German Spalter aroma triploid variety brought to the U.S. by a major brewer as an upgrade replacement for Tettnanger. A newer noble seedless type hybrid that made it through a very tough selection process and is considered a superior hop to others in its class. Used in premium beers.
- Alpha Acids: 4-6%
- Aroma: Fine fragrant floral/spice/ peppery notes unique to Spalter types
- Yield: average- 1200 to 1600 lbs./ acre, possible high density type
- Storage stability: fair to good
- Maturity: mid to late-season, later than Hallertauer
- Growers notes: grew very well in our Michigan trials, more even annual cone production than Tettnanger. Should be considered for Midwest production. Prefers well-drained acidic soils.