Shop Now | Terms & Policies | Shipping | FAQ
A Hallertauer/Saazer triploid seedless aroma hybrid developed in the USA. Bred 1983, from a tetraploid Hallertau mf (USDA21397) X Saazer type male (USDA21237) Reports of good yields in northern growing areas. Aroma/oil profile is very similar to Hallertauer mittlefrueh and is in demand with craft brewers.
- Alpha Acids: 3 -5% w/ higher oils than Hallertauer
- Aroma: Hallertauer aroma profile w/ pleasant bitterness.
- Yield: very good in cooler areas- 1800 to 2000 lbs/acre
- Storage stability: good – 70%
- Maturity: mid to late season
- Growers notes: has been one of the slowest to establish, slower growing – but better hardiness and yield than Sterling, demands excellent drainage and soil conditions. Responds to an acidic soil with bone meal added. Low resistance to mildews if improperly sited and fertilized. Two years to establish. A challenging hop to grow well.