Glacier - Field Grade
A newer medium alpha acid aroma/ flavor diploid variety that is competing with Fuggle US because of its higher yield potential & resins. French Elasser X Brewers Gold X N. Brewer cross. It is rapidly finding favor with microbrewers. Glacier has a low cohumulone level that brews a very smooth beer with balanced bitterness and foam characteristics...Read More
Each item is one complete dormant crown, or a field-ready plant, depending on time of year: a plant that is a minimum of 1 growing season old with a well developed root system with multiple breaks taken from healthy vigorous stock. It is professional quality and since it is a live rooted plant, it offers the best chance of successfully growing and producing your favorite varieties of hops.
- Alpha acids: 3.3-9.7% , low cohumulone
- Aroma: Mild flavor, citrusy sweet-type aroma (unique flavor )
- Yield: 2400 -2600 lbs/ acre
- Storage stability: good
- Maturity: Mid-season
- Grower notes: Good newer “French”variety that grows similar to Crystal, compares well with Challenger and Viking varieties with bigger potential yields. Smaller dense cones that are sticky with resin. Alphas are boosted and plant responds well to additional humic acid and bone meal fertilization in our Michigan trials. Tolerates heavier type soils if pH range is correct and is not over-watered. Raised row required unless grown in sandy soil types
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
*Actual plant sizes may vary between varieties. Pictures depict plants shipped at different times of the year; actively growing, or dormant and are for reference only.