Canadian Red Vine
A very vigorous diploid hop of French- Canadian origin. It is a low alpha, high cohumulone profile. CRV has a heavy clustering and cone set with very long side arms (30 – 50 inches). Growth habit is similar to Cluster hops. It found it best use commercially by being interplanted with low yielding cluster varieties to “boost” a field’s total yield. In brewing it should be mixed with other hops because its cohumulone level is high and can create a harsh aftertaste by itself. This hop is very hardy and produces rhizomes profusely...Read More
Each item is one complete dormant crown, or a field-ready plant, depending on time of year: a plant that is a minimum of 1 growing season old with a well developed root system with multiple breaks taken from healthy vigorous stock. It is professional quality and since it is a live rooted plant, it offers the best chance of successfully growing and producing your favorite varieties of hops.
- Alpha acids: 5% or less, high cohumulone @ 47%
- Aroma: Mild berry/cherry flavors, grapefruit peel aroma
- Yield: Very good- 2000 lbs/acre plus
- Storage stability: very good – over 80%
- Maturity: Late season
- Grower Notes: throws a lot of rhizomes compared to others, low resistance to mildews.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
*Actual plant sizes may vary between varieties. Pictures depict plants shipped at different times of the year; actively growing, or dormant and are for reference only.