Pacific Gem (NZ) - Bare Root Crown
A late maturing New Zealand triploid super alpha hop. Developed from a tetraploid smooth cone X open pollination cross. Has a high yield potential if diseases can be managed. 30”-40” sidearms...Read More
Each item is one complete dormant crown, or a field-ready plant, depending on time of year: a plant that is a minimum of 1 growing season old with a well developed root system with multiple breaks taken from healthy vigorous stock. It is professional quality and since it is a live rooted plant, it offers the best chance of successfully growing and producing your favorite varieties of hops.
- Alpha acids: 11.5- 13.5% or higher, beta acids: 5-7%, cohumulone 30-40%
- Aroma: fruity, blackberries
- Yield: high, 2000 lb/acre if mildew is controlled
- Storage Stability: very good, even at room temperature
- Maturity: very late – too late for northern latitudes
- Grower notes: Very late maturity and susceptible to downy mildew. Vigorous grower with no excess bottom growth. 42” spacing minimum. This cultivar needs space and good air circulation or mildew is a problem.
- Trellis types: 14’x 42’ even/ cluster
*Actual plant sizes may vary between varieties. Pictures depict plants shipped at different times of the year; actively growing, or dormant and are for reference only.