Crystal - Field Grade
A 1983 triploid hybrid release; a cross of German Hallertauer X USDA21381M. Mt. Hood, Liberty, & Ultra are half sisters. Very mild bittering, highly aromatic perfumed noble blend of spices and flowers. Craft brewers’ specialty type hop for finishing aromas...Read More
Alpha Acids: 3.0 - 5.0%
Beta Acids: 4.5 - 6.7%
Each item is one complete dormant crown, or a field-ready plant, depending on time of year: a plant that is a minimum of 1 growing season old with a well developed root system with multiple breaks taken from healthy vigorous stock. It is professional quality and since it is a live rooted plant, it offers the best chance of successfully growing and producing your favorite varieties of hops.
- Alpha acids: 3-5%, very low bittering
- Aroma: pleasant spice and floral tones, similar to Hallertauer, but almost no bittering
- Yield: very good 1800-2400 lbs/acre
- Maturity: mid to late
- Storage stability: fair 65% remaining
- Grower notes: grows well with good color, large bines are smoother than most American types. Responds well to more acidic soils with humic acids. Shows resistance to mildews and pests. Good cone size, pick -ability and plant habit. Easier to grow than other Hallertauer hybrids. Raised row recommended.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
*Actual plant sizes may vary between varieties. Pictures depict plants shipped at different times of the year; actively growing, or dormant and are for reference only.