Galena - Field Grade
A diploid Brewers Gold X unknown male super-alpha bittering type hop. Widely grown in the northwest US. Large robust hop with large bines and 20”-40” side arms. Reportedly more susceptible to powdery mildews out West than Newport. A superior “workhorse” bittering type hop that few other hop varieties can keep up with....Read More
Each item is one complete dormant crown, or a field-ready plant, depending on time of year: a plant that is a minimum of 1 growing season old with a well developed root system with multiple breaks taken from healthy vigorous stock. It is professional quality and since it is a live rooted plant, it offers the best chance of successfully growing and producing your favorite varieties of hops.
- Alpha acids: 10-14%, considered a super alpha
- Aroma: citrusy bittering type
- Yield: Very good 1600-2000 lbs/acre
- Maturity: mid season
- Storage stability: very good 75-85% remaining
- Grower notes: Great plant structure with large bines and excellent cone production, can see why it is a popular choice for growing out West. An all around “workhorse”, have not seen mildew problem spoken of in our Michigan trials.
- Fully rooted plant - NOT a rhizome. A rhizome is a part of a hop plant's root system that grows horizontally underground putting out shoots.
*Actual plant sizes may vary between varieties. Pictures depict plants shipped at different times of the year; actively growing, or dormant and are for reference only.