Crystal - Field Grade
A 1983 triploid hybrid release; a cross of German Hallertauer X USDA21381M. Mt. Hood, Liberty, & Ultra are half sisters. Very mild bittering, highly aromatic perfumed noble blend of spices and flowers. Craft brewers’ specialty type hop for finishing aromas.
- Alpha acids: 3-5%, very low bittering
- Aroma: pleasant spice and floral tones, similar to Hallertauer, but almost no bittering
- Yield: very good 1800-2400 lbs/acre
- Maturity: mid to late
- Storage stability: fair 65% remaining
- Grower notes: grows well with good color, large bines are smoother than most American types. Responds well to more acidic soils with humic acids. Shows resistance to mildews and pests. Good cone size, pick -ability and plant habit. Easier to grow than other Hallertauer hybrids. Raised row recommended.