Vojvodina - Field Grade
The best Northern Brewer X Golding cross to come from Yugoslavia. It is a late-maturing, high-alpha variety with a superior noble hop aroma profile. Has great potential as a dual purpose hop and use in American craft brewing. This hop is slow to catch on simply because it is difficult to pronounce. A “Super-Golding”.
- Alpha Acids: 6-10.5 % contains little farnesene, alphas double that of Goldings
- Aroma: Noble hop tones more pronounced than Northern Brewer; not as crisp
- Yield: medium – 1600 lbs/acre pus
- Storage: very good- 76% plus
- Maturity: late season
- Growers note: Growers being asked to produce a Golding should consider trials of this top cultivar from Europe. It grows well in our Michigan trials trials and is higher alpha than English Goldings. Tolerant of more neutral pH and heavier soils if crowns are raised. Two years to establish. Responds to additional bone meal and balanced calcium/ phosphorus levels. Some resistance to mildews.